Friday, August 11, 2006

Our city

Just wanted to share a few pics of our city. The first one is downtown. We are divided into 6 different areas, a valley, which is downtown and all the other areas are on the surrounding hills. Kind of deceiving. We have 75,000 people here.




This is obviously a fall shot, one of my favorite times of the year. Unfortunately, it doesn't last too long. Pictures by the way, courtesy of the World Wide Web. Just borrowing them, thanks Web.




The picture above on the right, is coming into our beautiful city. The Northern Lights on the bottom left always amaze me. I have seen them this bright a few times, but normally, they are a little dimmer than this. Absolutely stunning, takes my breath away every time. Last but not least, bottom right is one of those really cold living up north days. The ice fog just hangs in the air. This is when you go home and put another log in your woodstove.

That is it for my Friday post. The husband is finally off for a few days, so we will be venturing out for a bit. Kind of a rainy day here. It's all good.

10 Comments:

Blogger Killing Zoe said...

Hola soy la webmaster de Malditasea saludos, es que estaba dando una vuelta y he visto que me has visitado vuelve cuando quieras :) saludos de killing zoe

1:37 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Legoem foeujlf jooe fifeloif fjoe ffeor zquofh leffmoef voofo eufmv mmkwie jvepf! :)

That means, "That shot of the northern lights is spectacular! I've never seen them before."

2:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

They are alll so spectacular... Just breathtaking... Have a good one!!!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Schell said...

Anyone speak Spanish?????

5:12 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

yes desperate housewife can cant you see...lol

6:49 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

Wow.

7:17 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

Rough translation: Hi I am the webmaster of Bad greetings (?), which is goint to turn and visit and return when you want:)greetings from killing zoe.

I could be a little rusty.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Schell said...

Hola Amigos.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I'm taking spanish this year because they cancelled German at the college...AGAIN. I feel I need to learn languages...you know, for when I win the lottery and travel. I also miss school terribly - is that crazy???
P.S. God Bless our city. Pics make it look so wonderful, huh? However, autumn (which is also my favotite season) is really pretty here.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Schell said...

You're back, welcome, hope it was good.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home