Sunday, August 06, 2006

Paper Cutting


Years ago a friend of mine gave me this Victorian style paper cutting that she had done. She call's it Scherenscnitte, I do too, it's just that when searching for it, most people go by the term paper cutting. I did one myself, about 8 years ago of a hot air balloon, very detailed work let me tell you. It's like writing really hard with a pen for a long time, the fingers get stiff. I use a pen knife and a green crafting mat, like you would use for cutting fabric on with a roller blade.



I ordered myself a bunch of patterns last year, and this is the first set that I am working on. Not sure exactly how I will frame these, but the first pic is of all the reindeer and the sleigh.


The second one is one that I am in the middle of doing. When you are done cutting, you turn it over, then you won't see any of the lines you use for your guide.

This last picture is of the 3 that I have completed. You have to be very careful, because it can tear so easy.

2 Comments:

Blogger mist1 said...

As a kid, I had two paper cuttings from China. A panda scene and a dragon. I loved 'em.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Now that's nice!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home