Monday, September 04, 2006

Today


Not much going on today. Again it has been unseasonably hot. I think about +30 for the last 3 days. I actually had the oven on today, but I keep all the windows closed and the patio doors and it stays very cool in the house. I managed to make 2 apple pies. It takes so long to peel the apples, wine with that cheese please. So, I had apple pie for supper. It's so good to be the grown up. Ha. I am on the hunt for material, so I have been checking out the web for that, I want to make a crib set for my daughter. She is having a baby in March. I am so excited. Even though I am a step-grandmother to 4, this will be my first true grandchild. I have posted a picture of what the bedding looks like, and if it is a boy, we will just make a few changes, still the patchwork idea though.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kare said...

You have such good taste. Patchwork quilts are just the nicest. Forget the duvets.
You are such a good Nana. The grandkids are very lucky, Michelle. I can't wait to meet "Amethyst Karen". We'll babysit together. And craft. And talk about how we all of a sudden got old.

9:02 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

wow - so pretty Michelle! We are clearly all to young to be grandparents, don't you think??

9:46 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Count your blessings! I'm going to be about 98 by the time I'm a grandmother! I wish I had had the Boy when I was 13. Not to mention your body snaps back together a lot better when you're younger.

Love the quilts! Love apple pie!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

I think we should start going to bingo.

(I'll be up your way at about 7:15 or 7:30 this am. If you're into having a visitor that early, call my cell. Or home if you're up really early)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Schell said...

Oh Karen, I don't think you sleep anymore, that's what happen's when we get old eh? Amanda picked that pattern out, but of course she has great taste as well.

Yes Darlene we are too young, but my mom had me when she was 18, then I had Amanda when I was 18, so she was a 36 year old grandma. Ugghh...

DH, I am so thrilled about being a grandmother. My body snapped back then, but I don't know what the hell happened in the last 10 years. Ha. The pie is goooooddd.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

Schell... when is 'Corner Gas' on? I haven't seen it for a long time.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Shannon5111 said...

All crib sets look the same after a couple of months of poo and baby horks.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

heeheehee

3:58 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

help...i cant get my blog...when i open it the page is just blank... can you see it...

10:29 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

Thanks for the company.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

Blog! F*!# the blinkies for a while. I need to see a new post. I invited you somewhere. Check your email.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

sorry about the profanity in the last comment. I had just returned home from a 50 hour long meeting when I typed it.

7:10 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

mom where art thou.... is that right???

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home