Saturday, September 02, 2006

A trip to Southern Alberta

Just back after a couple of days away. I had an uncle pass away Monday night, so we went for his funeral. Saw family that I havn't seen in probably 33 years. Too bad it has to be under these circumstances, Nice to see everyone none the less. I had to take this first picture as this is a lot of what you see in Southern Alberta and the second picture is a house that my great grandfather built. I was in this house when I was very young, but unfortunately, it is no longer in the family. I just have to say I'm am very glad to be home, no place like it and I will be catching up with all of you over the next couple of days.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!! Missed ya!!!

6:45 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

Were there a lot of people there? Looks like you had nice weather. That house is gorgeous. Your Grandpa built that? Too bad it's not in the family, hey?
Call me.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

Hey, are you entering in the Pie Eating Contest?????

12:06 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

Pie eating contest!

6:36 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

is this the house you posted about before??? like in the begining of your blog life???

7:22 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

omg! That's right! It's the house, isn't it. Amanda, you have a very good memory.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Kare said...

Schell, where is everyone today???

8:38 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle :( - Glad to see you back though - atl least the weather was good - Southern Alberta's weather can get pretty nasty.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Schell said...

No, actually this is not the same house, tomorrow I will post the two different homes and you will see the difference. Wicked tinkerbell ya got there Manda.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home