Monday, September 18, 2006

Jigg's dinner


I know it look's absolutely horrendous, but this is what we had for supper. My husband is from the east coast of Canada, and this is what they eat every Sunday for dinner. This I swear is one of the best things I have ever eaten. We cooked a chicken and had it with our's. We get salt beef that comes in a bucket with brine (not corned beef) We only get it in our town, cause there are so many east coasters here. You have to boil it for about 3 hours and towards the end of that time, we throw in turnip, potatoes and cabbage and it all gets the flavor of the beef mixed in. Too die for. We also have gravy, and of course it is a calorie free supper. Yeah. Then cheesecake for dessert. I just love food to much and I am totally okay with that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kare said...

Romp n stomp
gettin drunk
doin the newfie polka
fish and brews
i like my booze
doin the newfie polka!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

yeah, I'm not a big fan of the jiggs dinner, but Vaughn is so I make it on holidays...Go figure, I'm a Newfoundlander & he's from Saskatchewan...He's never even stepped foot on the island...And another thing - he loves Newfoundland music! wtf?

p.s. kare: I hate the word 'newfie', because usually when you hear someone say it, the word 'stupid' usually precedes it.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Darlene said...

kare: rofl you're going to hell! hahahaha omg that is soooo funny.

6:07 AM  
Blogger mist1 said...

"...bucket with brine..."

Could you possibly make that sound tastier?

7:17 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

you you ahhh... i thought i smelt it when we came over lastnight, and not even an invite hmmm. mom thats just not cool!!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

dogs on ch.21 at 8:00pm

12:23 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I must confess I have never eaten the traditional Maritime corned beef meal.
But I do love chowder!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home