Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ravens on the streetlight




Where we live, we have ravens, they will be around a lot more now that the cold weather is coming, they seem to like it. Yesterday, I was sitting on the couch looking outside and I saw these 2 ravens on the light post outside our house, which is kind of like the one in the picture that I have posted. So I started watching them for awhile and they we're kind of fighting with each other. The one who was sitting right on top of the light would jump up and down, while slowly moving toward the bend in the post, so the other one had no choice but to move down, then suddenly he actually started sliding down the bend in the post. I guess you really had to see it to appreciate it, but I found it quite amusing.

10 Comments:

Blogger amanda said...

that is to funny

6:27 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

momma im up...

6:27 AM  
Blogger Kare said...

That would have been great to see.
Everyone thinks the ravens are just pests. I think they are quite amazing. There they are in minus 40 weather, frost on them and they still keep going. They are tough!
What's the native folklore about ravens? Do you know?

6:47 AM  
Blogger Darlene said...

I'm assuming it was the girl raven who was fighting, telling the boy raven to get up off his lazy ass & find her something to eat.

ravens are disgusting - flying rats. And especially the ones here. Never have I ever seen a bird that most of the time walks everywhere because it's too lazy to fly....and they aren't scared of anything.

11:57 AM  
Blogger TreslieDayna said...

They scare me

2:58 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

i got me a native ill ask him when he gets home... but i belive "they" are reincarnated (is that right)but ill get back to you...

7:29 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

I hate to be the stupid one here, but...

What's the difference between crows and ravens?

Except that "raven" sounds better than "crow" and that Poe didn't write crap about crows?

9:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds funny. I love watching the birds here, but I love watching the cats watch the birds more...LOL

9:57 PM  
Blogger Desperate Housewife said...

I've seen those ^%$#!! birds ripping apart my trash too many times to find them interesting.

3:55 AM  
Blogger Shannon5111 said...

Have you ever seen the raven man in the white truck around town?

You think fighting over a spot on the street lamp is funny - try watching 50+ ravens follow this guy around town....they even sit on his door mirror....too funny. Someone told me he feeds and looks after sick birds and they have come to know him.......his neighbors probably don't like the guy very much though.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home